Achen Kikassa ASBL
Between 2008 and 2013
* November 2008 : creation of AK asbl – Publication of the statutes in the Moniteur belge.
* July 2009 : purchase of land, located in the district of the Zoo, in Kisangani.
* July 2010 : laying of first stone.
* 2010-2013 : construction of buildings.
School year 2013-2014
* September 2013 : First school year for classes from 1st to 3rd year students.
* Juny 28, 2014 : First school day celebration and graduation ceremony.
School year 2014-2015
* Beginning of September 2014 : second school year commences; the school welcomes 146 students.
* Juny 2015 : School day celebration and graduation ceremony.
* July 2015 : training event intended for teachers, organized by the Alliance Française of Kisangani.
* July 2015 : Installation of a security fence around the school.
School year 2015-2016
* In September 2015, the school opens to 4th year primary grade students.
* December 13, 2015 : Schoolchildren visit Kisangani Airport.
* January 2016 : opening of the sewing workshop.
* July 1, 2016 : School day celebration and graduation ceremony.
* July 9, 2016 : Inauguration after restoration of the access bridge to the school.
School year 2016-2017
* September 5, 2016 : celebration in honor of the sanctification of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
* In September 2016, the school opens to 5th grade students.
* July 5, 2017 : School day celebration and graduation ceremony.
School year 2017-2018
* In September 2017, school opens to 6th grade students.
* Juny 2018 : For the first time, exams for the primary school certificate for 6th grade students.
* July 3, 2018 : School day celebration and graduation ceremony.
* July 2018 : Internship for future 6th grade students; installation of 2 solar panels.
School year 2018-2019
* September 10, 2018 : back-to-school for 183 students.
* October 16, 2018 : school trip to the Wagenia fishing site.
* February 2019 : The construction of a fence protecting the school buildings, and ensuring the safety of the children, espacially related to the Tshopo river, have just completed.
We carried out several tests when buildings the fence using different ecological materials (bamboos), which proved unsuccessful due to bad weather and violent wind.
We then opted for more sustainable materials, which required significant funds, and a longer construction time... Finally we managed to complete...
I want to congratulate Moses Kikassa, my son, soon to be building engineer, who was the mastermind of this work, as well as his entire team !
School year 2019-2020
* September 9, 2019 : back-to-school for 187 students.
* April 2020 : the school has to close because of the pandemic.
School year 2020-2021
* October 12, 2020 : back-to-school for 219 students.
* November 2020 : Second phase of construction of the fence wall surrounding the school.
School year 2021-2022
* April-september 2021 : Third phase of construction of the fence wall surrounding the school.
* October 4, 2021 : back-to-school for 327 students.
School year 2022-2023
* May-september 2022 : Last phase of construction of the fence wall surrounding the school.
* 7 september 2022 : back-to-school